CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 10, 2006

While We Wait

Well, for some reason, today I feel the need to write what all goes on in our home as we wait for news to get our Kate. Its looking like we are about 10 weeks out from getting our daughter. So what do we do? As for Drew- he continues to study, take care of classwork, counsel families and hold the hands of people who are scared and hurting. And as his wife continuously rambles about her new discoveries about China via yahoo groups, he grins. And yes lately, the grin seems to be growing. And from time to time, I see him sneak a peak at the picture that stole his heart that he carries in his wallet. Kalie is getting ready for dance competitions. Dress rehearsal begins tomorrow and then competitions, 2 weeks away. She is practicing, doing well in school and often asks- have we heard anything? Did you get an email from Karla or Anna today? As for Karlee- I am not sure how much she understands but she does know that we are going on an airplane and we will sleep on that plane and she will have her beebo (passy), blanket, baby and dog. She knows we are going to China and she prays and says thank you God Kate. She has also learned that mommy has two legs so one "spot" is for Karlee and one is for Kate. We talk about how they can sit on the rug together and play, and read books and watch the all famous elmo or barney. Then there is me- what does any rational, expecting mom do when she realizes the time is although still a ways out is getting closer- she SCREAMS! I have more energy bottled up and it has to come out one way or the other. So, I have become a marathon cleaner, sewer and packer. I am getting our home ready, making many cute girl clothes and packing Kate's suitcase a little at the time. And all the while, wondering, praying. How will she respond? How will our girls do? How will I be mommy to an 8 year old and two 2 year olds and do it well? And yet, there is such peace and such excitement and such dependency on God! ha! But most importantly, I am enjoying our family. Ice cream dates with Karlee and tickle times as we scream through the house. Encouraging Kalie as she wants me to watch her solo and yes, we are going to break away for our famous parmesian cheese pretzel this weekend. And believe it or not, Drew and I are making plans for our first overnight getaway since Karlee came home. We realize it will be a while after Kate comes home so we are planning on two little trips before we leave. Grandparents have sworn to call me if Karlee needs me. (like that's going to happen, but I have to know they'll call). And above all, I am sitting at the feet of my Father so humbled by His grace, His love, His power and His faithfulness. I have experienced His miracles in so many ways and I have had the opportunities to be held by Him through the storms. And now, for such a time as this we have been created. Kate has been created. Drew, Lori, Kalie, Karlee and Kate were created to be a family. And its all because of Him.

0 comments: