CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Need to Brag on my Husband

Okay, Drew doesn't know I am doing this, but there are times when special recognition is due. This is one of those times. Drew just completed the most difficult semester he has had- and that is saying alot since he has been in school 10 of the 12 years we have been married- ha! Anyway, he took double the hours allowed for PhD students- receiving special permission from the dean. My husband completed the work with a 4.0 average- his lowest grade being one 96!!! For the last 6 weeks, I have watched him stay glued to this desk chair until 2-3 am every single night- not starting his studying until the girls are in bed. He has done such a tremendous job this semester balancing everything in his life. Even more, two of his projects were to produce articles ready for publication in a counseling journal. Drew's professor not only told him that his projects were publishable material but that he should only submit to the highest quality journals in his field. So, we are looking forward to seeing his name in print one day soon! Now, there are only 4 semesters left until he begins writing his dissertation. And yes, I am already working on ideas for a party no one could ever forget- so if you have ideas, send them! ha! Anyway, thanks for letting me brag on him for a few minutes. It is well deserved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Drew! I just had to comment because I have one of those supermen, too! Their determination and hard work amaze me as they balance school, work, and family. And Lori, I know how it feels to have a husband in school your whole married life! Ha! One year down, and three more to go! We're finally starting to feel like there's a light at the end of this tunnel. YEA!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Drew! I just had to comment because I have one of those supermen, too! Their determination and hard work amaze me as they balance school, work, and family. And Lori, I know what it's like having a husband in school your practically your whole married life. Ha! One year down, and three more to go! We're finally starting to feel like there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Yea!

Our Adoption Story said...

Way to Go SuperDad!!! I can't even imagine. We are so proud of you. I know how much your family appreciates you. It shows on their faces.
Laura