Well, people ask me- what's it like finding out you are about to get your daughter? Let me fill you in on the Jamieson house as we prepare to leave in 15 days. First of all, Drew is combining the 4 remaining weeks of his semester into 2. So, our lights are on at 3 am most nights. Kalie is ESTATIC!! She is SO excited about seeing Kate and our trip. Karlee has decided to want to "GO POTTY" recently- yes you read that right- she tells me throughout the day when she needs to go or has gone. She is also aware that something is happening and prefers to stay close to my side- which is fine with me. She's happy there, so we are good. As for me- let's just start off by the fact that I put my contacts in the wrong eyes this morning. Later today, I went in the completely wrong direction for an errand and I was giving a snack to Karlee in the van and grabbed the box of goldfish crackers upside down.... We have just gotten a wireless fence for our dogs so Drew and I have now added the title of dog trainers to our jobs- it only takes two weeks so they say and hey- we have two weeks left!! I've done cleaning, packing and all the odd jobs you do before a big trip and bringing home a little one. And finally- we have a laundry chute in our new home which I can't get used too and last week, I thought I was keeping up pretty well with the dirty clothes and then realized we were missing some pieces. That's when I remembered the CHUTE!!! So, there are clothes, clothes, clothes!
In the midst of all the craziness, we are filled with such peace. Drew and I are READY to bring home Kate and watch the miracle take place of the 5 of us becoming one family!!
Monday, March 27, 2006
So, what's it like at our house you ask??
Posted by drew and lori at 2:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hi, I'm Donna from Prattville, hoping to be DTC next week. We are also using Lifeline and I have enjoyed reading your blog. I just wanted to say that we trained our dogs with the invisible fence in 2 days. They figured out really quick that when they hear that tone they are about to get the shock of their lives. Hopefully you'll have an easy time with it too. I'm praying for y'all and very excited about reading your posts while you're in China.
Post a Comment