One year ago, we held an Adoption Fair at Highland. The night before and the day of the event, the devil was in full force. My neice was hospitalized, my sister had a wreck, Karlee got her (one and only) kidney infection and Kalie got the croop. That was my family alone- our friends who did it with us were under the same attack. I kept telling my mom that I could not wait to see what little girl was going to come home because I knew God had big plans for that one! Well, we met a dear family- one full of excitement and laughter as they were beginning the steps toward their daughter. Little did I know that day, that the precious family would become such dear friends to us. Below, is our Lily Grace Green. She came home back in the summer. What a blessing she is- as is her whole family.
In a week full of deep realizations, opened eyes and broken hearts, God has just been so evident. I have been reminded of the Adoption Fair and how He was faithful to bring a child home. Then, I received a card in the mail this week from a special friend just letting us know she was praying and remembering us. Then, I received a package from someone I have no idea who they are but they sent an autographed copy of a book of my favorite author just encouraging me. This family has no idea what we are going through right now and I just stayed in awe the rest of the week by this act of kindness. I don't even know how they located my address. Then, I received another book that was another encouragement as it talks about love being the central key to the differences we make in our world. I am just blown away. In a week where I have felt empty, broken hearted and even unlovable, God has used various people- family, friends and even strangers to let me know that He is so apart of this journey. And in that Drew and I have felt hope as well.
I realize I haven't gone into details regarding this post, and I will in time. So for now, please pray for my family. Pray for our spirits to be so full of Christ's love. Pray for wisdom, patience, strength and understanding. And most of all, pray for hearts to be healed. Drew and I thank you in advance for your support.
On a lighter note, my mom and two sisters and I went to see Hairspray the musical this weekend. We had a great time. I know they will check this blog so I won't say much. ha ha! But I am amazed at how we can get off together for a few hours and end up laughing so hard over something that becomes a joke for a long time. Laughter truly is food for the soul. May God bless you all.
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Humbled by His Holiness...
Posted by drew and lori at 7:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hope You Like the Book, you are such a blessing!
Lori,
The post earlier was from Austin. He amazes me each day. I just wanted to let you know that YES....your family is a true inspiration to us all. Amazing that it has been one ago that your family came into our lives. Im glad you enjoyed your autograph book. We wanted that to be a special prize for you (and we never realize that you were having a rough week). God knew though and I hope it brought happiness to you. WE love you guys!!
As always, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your precious family. And remember annual trips to Chicago, French Fries, and the "reality show" Grey's Anatomy. Haha Thanks Amy for another laugh. We love you.
Lori, I enjoy reading your posts and find the love and joy in your family encouraging. I'll be praying for you.
~Annie
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
You will weather any storms that are in your path. Hang in there, Aunt Brenda
Just wanted you to know we are thinking about you. I know you and Drew are strong and can make it through the tough times.
Jan-from Adopting From Taiwan group
(Mom to ANsley, Judson, and Sawyer)
Lori and Drew, When we go through difficult times it is hard to see how this could be for good, but God has chosen you to see a miracle. I am amazed by His miracles and how he uses every detail for His Glory and Good! You are forever in our prayers and in our hearts. We love you so much.
Laura and Tom
Post a Comment