From our family to yours.... Happy Thanksgiving!
Drew's family has an annual football game. Here they are in action!
Kalie and I also have a yearly tradition...SHOPPING!
This year we were once again blessed to be with our families for Thanksgiving. Thursday, we enjoyed a wonderful lunch with my family. That afternoon, Drew's family came and played football in our "field" and then had supper at our home. This was the first time we have gotten to host Thanksgiving and it was so fun- I even cooked two turkies! Drew's family makes Thanksgiving their "main" holiday so it was good to visit with everyone that came. Friday morning at 5:15 am, my mom, two sisters, Kalie and I left for some true "shoppin till you're droppin!" We had a BLAST and got lots accomplished as you can see.
We are so thankful for our families and friends. We are grateful for everyone's support and encouragement- especially right now. Drew and I thank God for our home, our health and all the opportunities we have been given. And oh, how absolutely thankful we are for the 3 most wonderful daughters in the world! We stand amazed everyday that God truly handpicked our girls just for us. They are each miracles and we know God has a unique plan for each of their lives- and we get to watch!! We are truly so blessed. Right now, we are being allowed to be aware of little grains of sand that we know will become pearls one day. God is so good. May I say it again? God is SO GOOD!! How awesome to be loved by a God that fills our lives with abundant blessings and on top of that takes all the hard junk that life can throw your way and makes them good too!! Don't you just love that?!?! I do!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone and Thank you God!
Friday, November 24, 2006
Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted by drew and lori at 7:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW! Lori you ARE a shopping queen! May I go with you next year?
Beautiful family pic!
Love the family photos! Looks like you all had a great time! I need to remember your tradition that you have. Ana Claire and I need to do the samething. It looks like you got alot accomplished!
BTW, you are in my thoughts and prayers with your situation with Karlee. I had typed a LONG comment and the computer did something weird and I lost it. I can sympathize and understand some of what you are going through since we had some attachment issues with AC. YOu all are in my thoughts and prayers.
Lisa
What a beautiful family! Happy Thanksgiving! It looks like you had a great time! It is so good to see Karlee sitting in your lap with a huge smile on her face! Hopefully moments like this one will come more often!
Carie
Lori,
Hi! Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. And yes, you are the queen of shopping (And Kalie is the "queen in training"?)
I wanted to thank you for the messages of prayer and support you left on Hannah's blog after her surgery. I know it's crazy (but that's technology!), but I just found the messages tonight. But, thanks so much for thinking of us and praying for us during that time. She is doing well now and the only thing she seems to remember from the surgery is the probe they taped to her finger (heart monitor). She didn't like that a bit, but if that's all she remembers, I'm happy! Now, the cast is a whole other story - she talks about it daily still. "zoop - cast off!" she'll say and do the motion of them cutting it off. Maybe Kate can relate to that! Anyway, isn't the intenet so cool that you feel like you know people you've never met? We hope to meet your precious family one day and know I'm praying for y'all especially during this time with Karlee. I also can't wait to see what God does in and through your family, because I know He's got something totally amazing planned! More than you can think or imagine! (from Ephesians 3:20)
DeEtte
Hi Lori,
Just wanted you to know we are keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.....
LOVE your family photo in the swing!
leah
Post a Comment