Decorating our tree...
Kate's attempt at putting on her pajamas
Karlee pushing Kate in a doll stroller...
UNA played in round one of the playoffs and won!!
WOW! It's been a while since I posted. We are getting ready for Christmas around here! I wanted to thank EVERYONE for their kind words of encouragement that we have received since sharing our post about Karlee. Each comment has meant the world to us and many came right on the day we needed it the most. So, how is she doing? Well, we have noticed some positives as far as behavior goes and we are grateful. She is responding well to the new things we have implemented. While I haven't been told that I stink, she still does not like for me to hold her and rock her on my initiation. But she will ask me to hold her more and she is calling for me more than she ever did before. We have noticed some positives in her ways of play and it seems like she is able to express some deep inner feelings that have broken our hearts to think that she feels that way. But she will continue to get better. I don't know what Drew and I would do without the gift of humor. And man do we get some great opportunities to laugh. Now, I won't act like it doesn't sting the ol' heart but we are able to laugh at these moments instead of cry. I have to share a couple of stories that have just cracked us up. One of the suggestions we received was to surprise Karlee by asking her to come to me and get her in my lap as if I was rocking her cradling her. Then I give her a piece of caramel or some sweet treat. (Studies have shown a connection between caramel and a mother's milk.) Anyway, I found rolo's candy and tried this with Karlee. Let me just tell you that I have never seen a child chew as fast as she did. I gave it to her and she smiled and said I want down! And I told her that to get that treat she had to stay with mommy. Well, she chewed and she chewed like a sqirrel eating corn except she was slowed down by the caramel which added to the moment. She would chew really fast and say I'm done... chew chew chew... I'm done.... It was just hilarious! Then the other night, she was playing with my hair and acting like she was putting makeup on me. I kept asking her if I looked pretty or if I looked okay. She always replied, No. Then at the end, she said she was done and I said well I do look beautiful now??? And she casually replied, well, you look okay! Hey, this mommy will take what she can get!! Drew and I were just laughing! At the same time, we are seeing acts of kindness and even empathy come from her that we have never seen. There does seem to be a calmness about her that we have never witnessed. And even if this is just a honeymoon stage, we are enjoying the good moments. Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. Hope you enjoy the latest shots from our home!
Monday, December 04, 2006
Catching Up!
Posted by drew and lori at 8:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Jamiesons,
Thanks for allowing us such a peek into your family. Whether you know it or not, you are an inspiration to our family and I'm sure to many others. God Bless You.
Love,
Jerry, Connie, Austin, and Lily Grace
I'm glad to hear you are seeing progress! What a blessing. God bless.
~Annie
Post a Comment