CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 17, 2006

TWO YEARS AGO TODAY...

The first time we saw our Karlee...
Karlee now, two years later.

...Drew, Kalie and I landed after 20+ hours of flying and airports in Taipei, Taiwan. It was 6 am over there and we had been up 30 something hours. After finally locating our guide, we got in her car expecting to go to the hotel. She said- You want to go get your baby???? Of course we said YES!! Three hours later, we parked at an agency and signed yet more papers and then drove to this "house." Outside was a man that we learned was Karlee's foster father. We were greeted so warmly and walked into their home. Down a little hall walked Karlee Jamieson -straight into our hearts! We tried to remain very calm and quiet, yet inside we all wanted to scream. Tears filled my eyes as I touched this little girl for the first time. We stayed a couple of hours visiting and watching. We went for a walk. We all thought she was absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe that two years have passed already. And while the road has been so difficult and continues to be, we KNOW that this little girl was created to be our daughter and we can't imagine our lives without her. And we continue to hope for the day that she will KNOW that we were meant to be her mommy and daddy and that she is truly FOREVER home. Every night I sing her a song about being our little miracle. She is truly just that. We love you Karlee!

3 comments:

Jason Egly said...

it is hard for us to believe that that has already been two years ago. i was thinking this week about when lori called me and told me that are families couldn't get together for supper because you would be in taiwan. i remember screaming so loud that i scared mallory! it is truly awesome to see answered prayers! karlee is a blessing to our family too!
we love you kar-kar! 8-)

Lisa said...

Time just seems to fly once we bring these babies home. We are coming up on our two year anniversary too!
I know she has brought many blessings to you and your family.
Lisa

Sonya said...

I just went to your site cause I have not gotten a notice of any updates and I see I have miss a lot! Loved getting up to date!!!
Hope you had a wonderful day!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!