These three precious words came out of Kate this morning- Mama..O....Me... translates to Mama hold me. Of course I did!!! After 17 months of naaa gaaa daaaaa, 3 months of speech and less than one month of therapy, in the last few days she has said cu (for cut), cu (for cup) and door (door) and then today I got the sweetest sentence. She can also look at pictures and say my, peas, bye bye, boo, mow, bow, moo and pie. Now she doesn't use all of those in conversation but she is learning to pronounce. We are just so excited. AND another big thing for Kate... she is going off to sleep basically as soon as we put her down at night. She has ALWAYS fought it for 2-3 hours minimum, and for the last two weeks after we rock and stuff, she goes off to sleep almost immediately. I asked the therapist today why is she responding now because I did these same things when we brought her home and she couldn't have cared less. She said now she is ready. She is at the right point in her life to accept this from you and that's what she is doing. As she enjoys going back to babyhood, she has started having accidents at home. It's all so crazy. Man, we just keep learning and learning. But anyway, I just had to share that this morning as I rocked our sweet Kate it was because this mommy finally heard the most beautiful request.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lori, I'm so happy for you! I know how much that meant for you to hear those sweet words. I can hardly wait for Ann Elyse to utter those same words!
Congrats! Beth
How precious!! I know those words were music to your ears! She is such a sweetie!
Lori....how awesome for you and Kate. She knows her Mommy and that her Mommy loves you. We love yall so much and cant wait to see you on September 23 and yes....we will be there for the big game. Well if you ask Austin...the big game is Alabama and Florida State (as he got his tickets yesterday).
Love you guys!
Connie
Post a Comment