Yes, you read that right!! Thursday, Drew and I flew to New York City for a weekend together. I have to tell the whole story, so just sit back and relax or you can skip on down to the pictures. Drew and I have always loved to travel and even back when we were dating we would talk about places we wanted to go. One of those trips was to NYC to ice skate, have a nice dinner and see Phantom of the Opera. We were even going to get really dressed up. So, 13 years later, it actually took place. We have been so excited- Drew borrowed a tux from a friend and bought me a new dress. Well, 5 days before we leave, the stagehands of several musicals go on strike- Phantom being one of them of course!! Then two days before we left, I got some kind of respiratory infection so I was taking the medication the whole time! ha! We tried to stay bundled up because it was SO COLD up there!!!! There were many other funny parts leading up to this trip, and even though we did not get to see Phantom, we had a wonderful time together. It was an ecletic weekend- which totally describes us. The girls did so well here and we are grateful to our parents for taking care of them while we were gone. This trip was much needed and we were so thankful for the time together!
We had a great time! And let me say for all those adoptive families that have survived China and Taiwan in a cab- we relived it all over again in New York! ha! I love you Drew! Thanks for a great weekend!
5 comments:
I am SO jealous! Just kidding, I am SO glad you and Drew had the opportunity to go! Looks like you guys had a blast!
What a great way to spend the weekend! Glad you got away and had some fun and made some memories.
Kristy
Oh what fun to get away like that. Love the photos. It looks like you had a great time!
Wow...how awesome was that trip and the picture of you and the most handsome Drew in the tux....beautiful!
Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
Love to all!
Connie
Next time you're up here, holla! I'm not too far away! By the way, your girls are dolls!
Post a Comment