Karlee recently drew this picture of her family for me to hang in my office. 6-9 months ago Karlee's artwork only consisted of very tight squiggles in one corner of her paper. Two weeks ago, I got this. And this is what she said: "Mommy here is a picture of our family and we are scared because its raining. But we know we are going to be okay because mommy and daddy will take care of us and we will always be a family." I said you are right! We will always do our best to take care of our children. I continued to let her explain about her picture and then I asked about the little dots under Drew's mouth. She said, "Oh that's his beaver!!!..."
So, many of you have asked for an update. We are one year down with therapy. She has come so far. I really have to sit and remind myself just HOW far at times- especially on rough days just to keep everything in perspective! ha! She adjusted to preschool, church, me working part-time and we have had minimal problems. We continue to work with her in various areas and pray that we will continue to see God's peace and healing in her life. The other night as we were rocking, we were talking together and I asked her if she remembered some specifics from last year. She has no memory at all of anything! It was funny actually- she said, Mommy, when did I do THAT??? I said, when you had alot of mad in your heart. She said, oh. I don't remember. I told her that was fine, she had worked really hard and we were so proud of her. Thank you to all of you who continue to check in with us and just simply ask how things are going. It really means alot. Sometimes those acts of concern brighten rough days and other times they come on great days and make me stop and count my blessings all over again.
4 comments:
Wow...God is so good.
THANKS so much for that AWESOME update! I have thought of Karlee often!
God IS good!
Sonya
I'm glad to hear such a great update! Praise God for his faithfulness.
I am so glad that she is doing better. I think about her often.
God is good!
Post a Comment