
Some of the Chinese students and my colleagues went out to eat Chinese food on CNY. They were so excited and we enjoyed visiting with them so much!

CNY celebration with the Families with Children from China. Kalie, Kate and Karlee with their friend Lucy- she is a hoot!

The group- some of the children are missing- we are growing so much! Everyone is precious!

The Chinese Organization at UNA had CNY festivities as well with authentic Chinese food. We thought we were back in China. They sang songs in Mandarin and called us "internationals"-it was funny. We had a great time. This is AiLi- one of my former students whom I adore!!

I don't know all their names but Jian is in the white shirt in the middle- another former student whom I adore as well!

That same night we had the Vietnamese students come for Vietnam New Year. They needed a place to have their party, so they came to our house. We met most of these students for the first time that night and enjoyed visiting with them. They are so sweet and again, we had excellent food. They promised to share some receipes. We also enjoyed getting to see Tram and An again and our girls just ran into their arms! Above photo, Tram and An- the two grils that stayed with us Thanksgiving. Below photo, the whole group!

We did lots of celebrating with Chinese New Year. It was so much fun. I love the opportunities we have to learn about the traditions and customs of the Asian countries.
3 comments:
Y'all are some busy little bees!! Looks like fun times!
Hugs,
Charity
Wow, your pics are great! I saw that first one and thought, "I don't remember the grown-ups posing!" DUH.
Next time UNA's Chinese Organization has something big like that, do you think they'd mind if some more of us Ladybugs showed up? Or is that for students and faculty/staff? That sounds like a really neat thing you went to.
Love those shots of Emma and Karlee--what is it about that age running around naked? Luci's the same way.
Hey from long ago! I found your blog on someone else's site and have kept very busy reading about your exciting lives. I saw Andrea's blog too. I would love to keep in touch with ya'll. You "Florence people" with your blogs have prompted me to update my long lost blog-ha!
mcrgmcdonald.blogspot
I would love to hear from you guys! Carmen Ellis McDonald
Post a Comment