CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A Time to Mourn

We received word tonight that the board of this organization considers our situation too much of a risk. The president of the organization is upset and we are broken for that little girl across the world. Please pray for us. Although we have never been through the tragedy of a miscarriage, tonight we feel as though we have lost a daughter, granddaughter, sister, neice and cousin. Kalie is really struggling, so we would treasure extra prayers for her.

Many people would say well this wasn't God's will. We do not believe that for a minute. His word is clear on this being "of Him." In fact, a friend of mine shared with me tonight that actually, it is God who cried first over our news today. But we do live in a world where people are free to make their choices. God promises us that there will be trouble, heartache and pain in this world but He also promises that He has overcome it! How thankful we are to have a relationship with Him that tonight we can just crawl up in His lap and cry on His shoulders.

Your words of support and prayers and excitement have blessed us over these past 6 days. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss. She is a precious little girl who deserves a family as special as yours. AND you deserved her as your daughter. I will pray for peace for you family.

Jan

andrea said...

I am still at a loss of words, and in shock, again. I keep thinking of her precious grin and beautiful eyes. Please know that we are huting for you and with you. I love you

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry Lori! I will be praying for peace for all of you.

Cynthia said...

I will absolutely pray for all of you.....I pray that God will give you peace.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine your pain. I know that God will find a family for Kiah.
Perhaps all of this for you and Drew to know that your family is not yet complete?
With love and sympathy,
Debra
Mama to Pru and Pei

Hope for Lucy said...

Lori,

Please know that we are praying for you guys and hurt with you. We love you and if you need anything, please...please let us know.

Love you ALL!
Green Party of Four

musclepuzzle said...

I'm so sorry. This seems to be a season of loss for the Jamieson's. Please know that we feel your heartache, although in different circumstances. Yet, we can rest in Him and know His peace.
much love,

dcj

Global Girl said...

So very sorry. Please take care!

Jason Egly said...

Lori and Drew --

We mourn with you. We are so sorry that this happened to you guys. Please know that even in all of this, your example serves as an inspiration to us all and, if nothing else, has led to an increased burden on our hearts for children without families and the continent of Africa as a whole.

We will never stop praying for Kiah, and I can't help but think of the hundreds of people she now has praying for her life and her welfare and her soul because of your act of faith. She has been blessed by you already.

We will also not stop praying for you. Thanks for being our friends.

Jason, Shelley, and Mallory

Lisa said...

Lori,
I am so sorry for your loss. I could so picture her as a part of your family. Only God knows what he has in store for your family and her. Praying for your family and that she finds her forever family. Will you be able to keep up with her to know if she finds her family?
Praying that you will find peace.

Michelle said...

I am so sorry. I am praying for you and your family including Kiah.

Sonya said...

So very sorry! Keeping you in our prayers!

Sonya

The Terrys said...

i am sorry to hear this. i know that with Him you will heal. please know we are continuing our prayers for your family and for the little one.

LucisMomma said...

Praying for you all, and for Agnes, that she find Jesus if she doesn't know Him yet, and find a forever family who loves her like you do.

Anonymous said...

oh lori, i am so sorry. i wish i could just hug you right now. to find out a child is about to be yours and imagine your life with that child in your family and then suddenly lose that child is such a painful experience. you are right it is like a miscarriage. i know many people have been inspired by the way you threw your arms open to her and loved her from the moment you saw her. i am praying for you all. i love you.

Annie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Lori. Praying for your family, and especially Kalie.