Our dear friends Stuart and Tonya invited us to come to their home for the weekend. We had a break from school, so we left Thursday evening (Valentine's Day) and came back Sunday. This was right after we had heard the sad news about our little girl in Uganda so it was a much needed get-away. We had a fabulous time. We were outside hiking most of the time and even had a cultural experience. Keep reading for the details!Kate broke out with a little electric guitar. Drew has taught her the air guitar but she is ready for the real thing!
We went to Bay's Mountain and they had a place for injured animals that could not return to the wild. One large area is devoted to wolves. Now these wolves are behind two electrical fences, but at one point this particular wolf made eye contact with our children, set his eyes, began to crouch and licked his lips- it freaked this mommy out a little to be honest.
Okay, on the last night we drove into Virginia at the Carter Family Fold (family of June Carter, etc.) Every Saturday night they play country, southern gospel and bluegrass music. You can watch or join the crowd on the dance floor where they are clogging their shoes off! I heard one lady say that clogging was the only kind of dancing allowed. Well, we had no clogging shoes, but of course we joined them and had a blast! Drew and I are dancing together here.
1 comments:
OH MY JOSH, that WAS a jreat weekend! I LOVE YOU JUYS!I miss, miss, miiiiissssss you sooooooo much! Must Jo before I start to jet upset. ;)
Post a Comment