Yesterday we had a date to get her school supplies and of course we had to have a cookies-n-cream milkshake. Karlee wanted to "drink it in the car and listen to Artic Edge"- this year's vbs song for those of you wondering.... I cannot describe the volume level of her voice as we walked through Target- to say she was excited is a definite under-estimate!!
Karlee is ready for school- she has her backpack and her lunchbox and her new outfit on!
Walking into school. Kate and Daddy join us of course!
In her room- she is READY!
OH the excitement in our home yesterday and this morning as Karlee prepared to start pre-school for the first time. We had prayed and prayed over starting her this year or waiting. She was asking to go to school like her sister and when I met the teachers, I knew this was the year! Karlee was SO ready. Her friend Hudson from church is in her class so she was good to go. The other day, I said, Karlee, you aren't going to cry are you? She said NOOOO. I said, because you know mommy will be back. She said YEAH MOMMY!! And then with that cute little grin she said, Mommy, I 'cited! We knew she would do great. And great she did. She told me about singing songs, and eating (very important in Karlee's book) and how she chewed with her mouth closed. They played and she met new friends- I asked her new friend's name and she said somebody. ha! Well, maybe we will get the name on day 2. She goes two days a week and is loving it! I didn't cry when I left her, however, as I drove home, tears of absolute gratitude did flow as I thought back to almost 20 months ago to the day- to the scared, confused, lost and hopeless little girl that joined our family. And now, here she is starting preschool, so confident in who she is and who her family is. And she knows mommy and daddy will be back and she knows she IS Karlee Jamieson! WOW!! For those of you who know the struggles, THAT is HUGE!! Thank you GOD!!
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Karlee Begins Pre-School!!!!
Posted by drew and lori at 3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How precious is that child! She looked so sweet for her first day! And let me tell you, those milkshakes from Chick-fil-A are to die for! (I have only had the chocolate so far. I'll have to try the cookies-n-cream next!) That Karlee is a jewel!
What a great blessing! It sounds like you had a great day! I am so happy for her starting her big girl school. I can't' wait to hear all about it.
Karlee is a precious little girl and just the right fit for your family! I am so glad she enjoyed her first day-she looked so happy!
YEAH Karlee!! So glad everything went well and your post made me all teary-eyed!
What a doll! I feel blessed to be Karlee's aunt(Kalie and Kate's as well) As I read the blog, I thought back to Chistmas day after yall got home and laying on the couch with Karlee, watching her sleep, and being so thankful yall were home, and your family was one step closer to complete. How fortunate I am to be part of your girls lives!! I love them all SO MUCH!!! and you and Drew too :)
What precious are those babies? They are just beautiful - and where do you find their clothes? They always look like they just stepped out of a magazine!!
Cynthia in Kentucky with one China miracle, awaiting LID and TA for our 2nd miracle!
how sweet!!! I absolutely LOVE these pictures and the glimmer in her eyes! You can tell she is soooo excited!
Yeah Karlee!!!!!
Leah
Post a Comment