Yes, you read that right! Since Amy graduated from high school this year, she had approached mom and dad about going to New York as her senior trip. And she threw our names in there too. So, seeing as how Andrea and I take our sister duties so seriously, we agreed to tag along and go to New York with Amy. (yes, I know, someone has to do it... ha!) So, Andrea, Amy and I went to New York City for the weekend. It was the first "Sisters Trip" and we all agreed that it needed to become a tradition. We saw Mamma Mia (which was fabulous), ate at a Churrascaria (a Brazilian dining experience which was delicious), shopped, saw Ground Zero and China Town. I cannot begin to describe the emotions or the power of Ground Zero. There is a revered silence around that area that was simply humbling. It really took us a while to move on with our weekend after being there. However, when you put the 3 of us together...well, lets just say that we laughed basically the whole weekend and the stories are just too numerous to share. I also had to promise that some of the pictures would NOT go on the blog! ha! The girls did GREAT here- my husband is so awesome! They went to the park, had a picnic, played and went to Chuck E Cheese. I got to talk to them several times and Kate would always say HEY!! in her little cute tone. Karlee and Kalie were always full of stories as well which let me know they were all doing great! We were glad to all be back together this afternoon. But, it was fun to have some time simply as sisters. I love you Andrea and Amy or should I say Brooklyn and Wash-Basin Woman??? LOL!!
The 3 of us in Chinatown.
About the see Mamma Mia! It was GREAT!
Do YOU have the room key?????????????
Ground Zero- the "cross" beams- SO powerful
The latest models for Chanel
Eating at the Brazilian restaurant- our matre-d. He was so impressed that we knew Guarana- a Brazilian drink
When we lived in Pennsylvania, we would always get Italian Water Ice and soft pretzels. They were awesome and when we found the stands we HAD to have some!
Sunday, August 06, 2006
New York City!!!
Posted by drew and lori at 6:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It truly was a weekend to remember and I look forward to many more together. The inside jokes will be talked about for sometime I'm sure. And remember, if you ever go to Brooklyn, bad things, really bad things can happen there. I love you both so much! Thanks again to both of yall for loving me for who I am, and to daddy, momma, James, and Drew for making this possible
You guys are hilarious! It is obvious that you all had a great time! How fortunate you all are to have sisters to do such fun things with! I think all three of you certainly have a shot at being models for Chanel!!!
That looks like so much fun! I wish I had a sister (sigh)! Oh, well God gave me two girls and I plan on having many, many mother-daughter traditions with them as they grow up! On another note I have that paisley print skirt that your sister has on! Seeing her in it gave me another idea on how to wear it! Ha! See you guys soon!
Carie McCrary
Lori
Your trip sounded wonderful. You are blessed with two wonderful sisters. Looking forward to seeing all of you.
Love
Connie
Glad you had a great time! It seems to be just what you needed- Sister Time! I am sure Daddy loved spoiling the girls.
Post a Comment