CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Needing some prayers

I think God is really using this to bring me out of my comfort zone in so many ways. One way is the fact that I have always been somewhat a private person. I don't just walk around discussing hard times... But I feel like if I am going to share the positives, then I need to share the negatives as well. I have been blown away the last couple of weeks finding out about families that have read this blog for a year and didn't leave a comment until now. I stand amazed at how God uses things that we have no idea of. What if someone is reading this that is struggling as we are? So, here goes.
This weekend- Saturday was a great day. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and tonight have been a living nightmare. I don't know how much detail to go into but I need prayers. I am not posting this for pity- we will be fine and I know that. And the good days will come again. But right now, they aren't here. Right now, I am weary. I am tired, frustrated and lost. Right now, I just want to cry. Right now there are parts of me that want to quit- or atleast take a break. But I won't. Our little girl's heart is on the line. Will you pray that God will supply me with a God-size amount of strength? Please pray that God will keep me so sensitive to Karlee right now and to keep Kate and Kalie balanced as well. Please pray for Karlee's heart to truly heal- to heal in such a way that the backward slides aren't this far back the next time. Please pray that how I respond and what I do will be just what Karlee needs to allow herself to trust and love and for fear to subside. Please.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always in my prayers!

Jan
(Judson, Ansley, and Sawyer's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all. We once had a foster daughter with RAD. I know how tough it can be, but hang on to the thought of what a blessing those good days are and one day, all the days will be good ones.

Charity said...

Hang in there Lori...I am praying...just remember God's timing is perfect! "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Pslam 34:18

Paige Betterton said...

You don't even have to ask! We have been praying since you first posted about Karlee's diagnosis! Your posts have also been an encouragement to us as we are trying to help our daughter bond with us. We are using some of the activities you have posted about as well as some Leigh Ann gave us. Hang in there! This struggle with be worth it one day.

Paige Betterton
wwwbettertonfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! You are such a wonderful mother! God will deliver you!!! He alone can give you strength beyond measure!
I love you! Laura

Hope for Lucy said...

Lori

We are praying for you girl and we are here if you need anything. God is in control. We love you and cant wait to see you.

Connie

Anonymous said...

See post from February 9th.
Read it over and over. How encouraging to read reflectively. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily grind, that we lose sight of bigger picture. Cherish the good times. God is bigger than all of this. You are doing the right thing. There are eternal benefits to these temporal actions.
Be Blessed my sister,
Daniel

Sonya said...

Not going to stop prayin!!!

Sonya

Anonymous said...

Standin in the gap, girlfriend!!!! My knees are your knees, anytime! This, too, shall pass. I've told you before how special you are and you have to believe it. The devil can't get to you, you are surrounded by prayer warriors. Love you, Emily

Anonymous said...

I'm not a very spiritual person, but I hope you can feel all the good wishes that are coming your way. There are hundreds of pairs of hands silently holding you up, many of them from other Moms who have been through terribly hard times themselves. We all remember feeling the things you are feeling now and how little it helped at the time to know it would someday end. Wishing you strength and serenity, from one Mom to another.
Claudia

Lisa said...

You are all in my prayers, especially Karlee.
Lisa

The Thomas Crew said...

You are in our prayers. God gave you that litle girl because he knew you would trust in him to give her what she needs to heal her heart. Hang in there.
Leah
www.journeyforjulia.blogspot.com