CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

13 down, 67 to go....

Okay, get ready, this is going to be sappy. but i am still beaming so you will just have to deal with it. yesterday, june 11, was our 13th wedding anniversary. drew planned the evening and it was awesome. let me just say, that drew is a self-proclaimed non-romantic, but he has decided that he wants to work on that (of course, with no complaints from me - ha!) Now he has done very sweet things before, but he really went out to add those little extra touches that women crave (well atleast this woman.) We grabbed some mexican (we have been wanting mexican for several weeks and haven't gotten to go out to eat) and took it to the river. when we got on the boat, he had a bouquet of stargazer lillies waiting for me. these lillies were the main flowers in our wedding and lillies are one of my absolute favorite flowers. then, we rode the boat and just drifted around in the middle of the river while we ate and talked. the breeze was blowing just right, the sun was setting into the most gorgeous masterpiece I had seen and I was touched. well, then, he brings out the cd player and has the song that he sang to me at our wedding. He takes my hand, and we danced on the boat while he sang it again! okay, I admit, there were a few tears!! I was blown away! right in the midst of us both being in school and his grandma recently dying, he still took the time to make the evening so personal. So, Drew, I know you will check the blog at some point over the next few days, and I just wanted you to know that this evening was incredible and I am officially wowed! i love you!!! i am truly in awe that i get to be this man's wife. i am completely undeserving and even after all these years, i still find myself saying how'd i end up so blessed???? he is a wonderful man. and even though we have changed so much over the past many years, we are still crazy about each other. i refuse to imagine my life without him. he is a rock and i think its the most awesome thing to get to be married to the one person i want to share every day of my life!! he is truly my best friend. oh and by the way, for all of you still reading my sappy story, as for the title of this post, drew and i have always said that we want to be married 80 years and then just die together. so, we have celebrated 13 now and have 67 more to celebrate! celebrating 13 years!aren't the lillies beautiful????

dancing at sunset
our anniversary present from God- oh the sunset was heavenly!!

3 comments:

Hope for Lucy said...

Wow......was a blessed day you had!
Happy Anniversary to you both and we love you guys!

Love
Green Party of Four

Sonya said...

HOW SWEEEEEEEEEET!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS!

Sonya

Carie said...

How very sweet! And Lori, I want you to know that I hung in there and read every single sappy word! Just thought I'd let you know! Also, you are in school too?