Kalie becoming the little daredevil on the kneeboard- she learned how to make it go side to side which is not easy and did it over and over!
I just love this shot of Karlee. She had a great run on the tube!
These next few shots are of Amy being on skis for the very first time. I truly wish I could have gotten this on video and posted that because the pictures do not do the whole event justice. We went out on the main channel because it was actually very calm and the water was smooth at first. But the wind picked up and it got really choppy which allows for some pretty severe sinus enemas!

WHAT am I about to get myself into????

WHY did I let them talk me into this????

Amy takes a rest after getting the skis on! I have never seen anyone get rest with the skis in this position.

She went into the splits every time!!!! It was hilarious!

We may not have gotten her up on skis yet but she is awesome on the kneeboard!

Doing her 360* turn! I was quite impressed!

Drew's brother Dave came up for the weekend and joined us for a little while out on the water. He skied too.

Amy and I took a tube ride and I can honestly say that I never have been on one so rough. We were flying off the tube constantly. The river had gotten so rough by this point and it was all we could do to simply hang on. Needless to say, my arms are so sore tonight....

Saturday evening, we went to CC and Papa's house for more birthday celebration. Grandpa Ray joined us. (Grandmother came too and I failed to catch her in time to get their picture.)

CC with two of her boys- Dave's birthday is a few days before Drew's so she had them both a cake/cookie cake to celebrate.

Then today, was Drew's actual birthday and here he is with my dad. Dad made Drew a knife. Dad had taken a course recently on how to make them with a famous knife maker (Sorry, I don't remember his name) and anyway, he made this for Drew. It is beautiful.

Opening presents (Mimi, I am loving the green bow in your hair ha!)

Drew and his girls

Our family

We decided to keep with our Sunday tradition of doughnuts and put candles in one for his birthday! The girls thought that was pretty funny.
Hayy birthday Drew! On August 19, (many years ago ha ha) the world became a WHOLE lot better! I love you and am so glad we get to celebrate your life together!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Drew! Looks like another great weekend!
WHAT FUN!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW!
Sonya
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW!
We cant wait to see you guys next weekend! Love to all
Green Party of Four
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW! I thought you were celebrating your birthday early when I saw the blog entry. My brother's birthday is on the 19th as well. Then I looked at my calendar and realized today was the 20th. So I missed your birthday and my brother's. But it's not because I forgot your birthday. It's because I rarely know what day it is! Whew! Did you get any of that? ANYWAY, HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY!:D
Happy Birthda Drew!!
Post a Comment