Kalie dressing up Karlee at the FCC playdate
Kate has climbed up the stairs and is eyeing our dog carefully.
Great idea Kate!! The kitchen table is so fun!
Loving Bible School (notice the red mark on Kate's forehead- she tripped and fell)
Kalie doing the motions to those cool VBS songs!
This week was WILD! We had VBS this week and our church does a morning and evening session. We did the evening one. Drew led the music time and then he and I alternated each day with being in K2 and K3's class or being in K1's group. So that way, we got to be with all 3. Let me tell you something so "God" - after Kalie's dance recital we talked alot about courage and strength as I mentioned on the previous post. This week, she has heard songs on courage, on the way to the doctor, the girls watched a veggie tales that was about- you guessed it courage. Then, at Bible School, the whole central theme has been on courage! Isn't that a hoot? Kalie said mama what do you think about all of this? I said- Girl- you think God is trying to teach you something? She laughed and agreed. I think God has a special plan in her life that will require her to trust in our courage-providing Father. I am so thankful that He is showing her how he cares about her life and how He is working in it very personally. Also this week, we had 3 doctor's appointments- two of them in Birmingham and do you think I could get them scheduled on the same day-OH NO!! So, on Monday, the girls and I went to the Adoption Clinic and had Kate's appt. Everything went well. We met with the therapist and I truly found this helpful as she gave me some specific things to do to help Kate move up developmentally. We also decided for her to see an orthopedic dr. as her thumbs are in a permantely bent position. It's weird but they don't budge. We do that next week here in town. Then, on Wednesday, it was back to the doctor this time for Karlee and her eyes. Drew and I have thought it was worsening and the dr. agreed. So, surgery has been scheduled. We go in July and its a day surgery. It takes about one hour and then we hang out at the hospital for 6 hours or so. She will be put under complete anesthesia. We treasure any of your prayers for the dr.'s hands to be steady and for her to be safe and for this procedure to be safe. For those of you who are reading this and don't know about Karlee's eyes, we have been watching this for over a year. Her eyes wonder out. She can look at you but you don't know if she is. So, he will go in and clip the outer eye muscles I believe.
On Thursday, I went to the endodontist and had two root canals. I never have problems with those and am so thankful to be out of pain!
Enjoy the pics!
Saturday, June 10, 2006
WOW! What a WEEK!
Posted by drew and lori at 5:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lori,
I am so amazed at Kate's surgery scars--I couldn't tell that they were really there. They look more like gentle birthmarks. That is so good!
and, wow, so many doctor visits this week. Thankful that your dental surgery went well (it's no picnic!). I love that adoption clinic! They have helped us so much. We will be praying for K3's thumbs, and K2's eye surgery. And looking forward to what God has planned for Karlie--it must be something really good for the world. :)
Susan
OH LORI! What a CRAZY week you had!!! We have VBS (9-12) and basketball camp (12:30-3:30) this week so it will crazy for us but at least no doc appts.
Sonya
Lori,
You don't know me, but my son had that very same surgery. He done GREAT. It really is a simple surgery. All will go good for your daughter.
Post a Comment