Drew's dad came into town this weekend and we got to spend a lot of time with him- we were so thankful. Here is Dave and Andy and Drew- Daniel was at home sick.
We had most of the Jamieson family here and got a group picture. We missed everyone who wasn't here.
Here is Andy with 5 of his grandchildren.
Kate wearing some glasses- I just got tickled when I saw her! And no, we haven't changed religions- I think that is a jewel sticker on her forehead. She is a HOOT!
Okay, for the story you have wondered about. You know, life brings alot of junk along the way and I have been so guilty too many times to focus more on that or what needs doing than laughing or doing something silly. Or I simply don't take the time for those little moments that end up taking your breath away. I feel like in the past I have missed much. I work on that daily because I want to be a person who people say now that girl really LIVED life. And I am doing better. So, last night, after all the girls were in bed, I sat down to read a little while Drew studied. Instead, Drew is sliding across the floor in his socks making some great slides. So, I suggest some races. We raced back and forth on our hardwood floors, just cracking ourselves up. Then, I have this wonderful idea that we try one with me on his back. So, off we go. Drew got a good running start and we were in a super slide when all of a sudden the slide stopped and as Drew went down, I went over his shoulder and caught myself with my lip hitting the hardwood floor. My hands also hit along with my chin. Drew about died and I could not stop laughing long enough to cry. I have jarred my jawbone because I can't bite all the way down in the back. My chin is bruised and my lip is a beautiful artistic masterpiece of red, purple, blue let along the size of a marshmallow. The picture does not do it any justice- especially after today but we had to get the moment on film. I have laughed about it all day. And you know what- we had a blast- we laughed and laughed and right now, that is just what we needed. (One more piece of info- if Drew had not stopped, I could have gone into the glass front door- my face hit about 6 inches from it- we truly are thankful! ha!) And YES, I did just turn 35 and you know- I find myself acting younger as I get older- who knows- by the time I turn 50 we may go skydiving!
Monday, January 29, 2007
What a Weekend (including a faceplant to the floor)
Posted by drew and lori at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Bless your sweet face!! Sorry for the pain, but glad you're no worse for the wear! Keep making memories, just be careful-er!! Luv you all, Emily
You guys are hilarious!! I hope you are still blogging when you are 50 so we can see you jumping out of the plane! Keep having fun!
Love the silly glasses! Sorry about your lip but the memories will last much longer than the bruise.
Jan
OH MY!!! Lori, I am thankful that you were not really hurt!!! You guys are a HOOT!!!
Wild seeing Drew's Dad!!! I have not seen him since I was a kid!
Sonya
Now, now how many times have you said no running in the house! Next time you catch Kalie, Karlee, and Kate running thru the house, you can't say anything! "But mommy, you did it!"
Post a Comment