We had a great few days at the beach. The weather was wonderful. My parents were already down there so we got to spend one evening and night with them. They left the next day and then we stayed through the weekend. We had a great time with them as well. But if you see my mom, please DO NOT ask her about the card game we played. She already has a big head about winning over and over! ha! Kate loved the beach- just not the wet sand- it stuck to her feet too much. She enjoyed the pool as well. On our second night, we found ourselves on our way to the ER as Kate decided to climb ONCE again and with us right beside her, she still fell and pushed her front tooth back and busted her lip. We got in touch with our dentist (and also close friend) who told us what to do so we didn't have to go to the hospital. We go see him tomorrow. The swelling went down and although it is still bruised she doesn't complain. Kate loved putting sand in her face and in her hair. She is a hoot! Karlee was very attracted to the ocean this time. She would just stand in it forever!! She and Drew took many trips to see the waves! She also did well in the pool and playing in the sand. Kalie I think was perfectly content to just chill. She has had a busy summer and she was just very relaxed. We got to have some one on one time with her while the girls slept which was so special. She and Drew played in the ocean and sand and the next day she and I read on the beach, laid out and played in the pool. One night we took pictures. This is just something our children know that "mama is going to do". We tried so hard to get one of all 3 of them smiling and it never worked. If one was looking the other wasn't. So, I gave up but got some priceless individual shots. I have to tell you this funny moment though, as I was taking Karlee's picture I was trying to get her to be still. She kept smiling but was in constant motion. Finally, I said Karlee FREEZE! She makes this shuttering expression with her hands and face and said I DID IT!! I FREEZING! She was so proud that she had done exactly what I asked. Drew and I laughed so hard- it was so funny!Then on our last night, we had our picnic. We ate crab claws on the beach and had a great time just enjoying God's creation. When we were all sitting down to eat, I said, Kalie- where are you sitting and she said I think right there- pointing next to me. (Kate was across from me. ) All of a sudden, Kate started pointing and doing her squeal/grunt sounds and said "Kalie" and pointed for her to sit beside her. When Kalie moved over and sat down, Kate looked at me with the biggest smile on her face. She was so excited and it made Kalie's night that Kate had done that. That's one of those little things that as a mom, I will treasure forever. There are lots of pictures- I downloaded over 130 pictures- so this is definitely just a few!
Our Family
3 sisters acting silly
Kalie thought it was cool that she could carry me on her back.
Kalie peeking over the edge of the pool.
Our Kalie is getting so grown up.
Our Kate- please notice the sand on her head!
Our Karlee- what a beauty!
So much for my portrait quality pictures of our three girls. They could not be still for anything!
I know this isn't a beach picture but it was taken right before we left. I had made this outfit for Karlee and she was SO excited about it. She wants to wear it all the time. She has never paid much attention to clothes, so I have to admit that she touched my heart being so proud of it!
Karlee at the beach
Playing in the pool
Kate's first steps on the sand- WHAT is this??
Covering Dada's feet...
At the pool. Isn't she a cutie?
She was laying out like Mama!
Hanging with her Mama!
Our tradition- picnic on the beach! The weather was perfect - we stayed out there forever just enjoying the breeze and watching the girls.
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Beach Pictures!
Posted by drew and lori at 7:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a wonderful story and such beautiful pictures of my girls. Girls.....get ready...in a week you will see your new playmate "Lily Grace".
Love you all
Connie
It looks like you guys had a great time. GREAT PICS of all three girls! They are so stinking cute!
What wonderful pictures... you are all beautiful, inside and out. I am NOT looking forward to the first, dreaded ER trip. I am glad that the boo-boo did not ruin Kate's trip. Have a great week!
Vicki
Post a Comment