before surgery
We are back home from Karlee's surgery and she is doing well. What a trooper! She tries to keep her eyes shut most of the time as they hurt her. When she came out of the anesthesia, the nurses said that she started calling for mama! You know, that does not ever stop blessing your heart I don't think. She is wanting Drew and me with her which is wonderful and we have even had a few smiles. She slept almost all the way home and has eaten some cheerios. When she did open her eyes, she looked at her cousin and said, There are TWO of you!! My heart broke although it was a bit humorous. Please pray for the double vision to subside quickly. Here are a few pictures from the morning. Yes, I had my camera with us!
putting her baby to sleep just like the doctors will do with her... (below) karlee is out of surgery and rocking with me.
these are her highly fashionable sunglasses to wear home.
on the couch- the dr. told us to put a cold cloth over her eyes to help ease pain. she also wanted my sunglasses to help with the lights. this was the end result! ha!
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Karlee is Home!
Posted by drew and lori at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lori,
so glad to hear that things went well. I am praying for a quick recovery. (I thought the surgery was for July 7 for some reason, and prayed mostly then--I know God honored the prayers and knew when Karlee would be in surgery.)
I am also glad that you named your pearls in alphabetical order...that's the only way I am able to keep them straight. :)
susan
We are praying for Karlee!
Carie
Lori - duh - the sunglasses are so she can be KOOOL Karlee! Glad everything went well. Been praying all day for her. Brenda
Gosh that brings back memories! Clay had to have surgery on one of his eyes right before he turned 5.
He looked so pitiful. The bounce back so quick. Then it is hard to keep them still to help them recover. I will keep Karlee in my prayers.
Lisa
Post a Comment