Kate stole the hearts of everyone in the surgery center! Do you see why?
Aren't you just loving those socks?? We thought they were pretty funny. "Kitty" had to come with us for surgery.

Minutes after it was over. Our baby was so out of it. But, when I told her mama and daddy were here with her and that she was okay, she whispered out "mama" and "daddy".
Kate is right now standing behind me in the office chair in Drew's study as I type this. She is totally acting normal- anesthesia did not slow her down today other than she had to give in and sleep this morning- ha! She has eaten- what a hoot to watch her figure out how to grab the food with her hands bandaged up- but she wants to do it- she does not want me to feed her everything- although she will let me help some. She has wanted to be held a lot which I have loved! She is doing great.
I learned today how innovative Kate is. She LOVES craisins and saw the bag and wanted some. So, I poured some out for her and wondered how she would grab them- she can't pick up anything like that because her fingers are too far apart. I had just finished a bottle of water and she saw it sitting there and took the bottle and scooped up the craisins inside the bottle. Then, she grabbed the bottle, turned it up and "drank" the craisins- isn't that amazing???? It just blew me away. We don't see things like that often when there is a communication barrier and so this was just really cool to see her process and come up with that solution all by herself!
We go to Birmingham tomorrow for Karlee's check up and hope to be released for a while for her. Its a crazy week around here but we are so thankful!
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Our Little Patient
Posted by drew and lori at 12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Lori,
I am thankful to hear how well Kate is doing!!! I have had you on my mind off and on all day!
Sonya
Post a Comment