CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We've Been Home One Week

Both girls are asleep and I thought I would take a few minutes really as a praise to my Jesus to share about this last week. We are all doing well. Although still a little tired at times, we are all pretty much back on American time- that is a huge blessing. Kate is eating better and getting into a routine. She still has a hard time falling asleep but we are trying some different ideas to help her relax and go to sleep easier. She greets her daddy with a knowing smile and a big "hug" and loves it when Kalie and Karlee are all with her. She prefers mommy as she should. Kate does not like strangers to touch her. They told us this in China and we see this side of her frequently when we have to go out. But all of that is good. Karlee has taken on role of big sister with greatness and still treasures her play with Kalie. Kalie just allows Kate to get to know her at Kate's pace, not forcing herself on Kate but taking advantage of those moments when Kate interacts, etc. In the last week, Drew has started back to class and thinks this semester will be a good one. I am so thankful that his classes are in his study right here at home. Even though we don't bother him for the most part, its comforting just having him here.
As for me, I am loving every minute of this new stage in my life. Its a place I never thought I would be at 34 but one I would not change for the world. I get to put toy boats back together and blow 70,000,000 bubbles and make 20 playdough snakes and little balls. I play hide and seek and tickle tickle tickle while fixing dinner. I have the priviledge of holding little girls, exploring the world and allowing it to be new all over again. I get to take Kalie on late night errands and enjoy conversations with her all the while blown away by her depth and perception of life. I get to feel little heads on my chest and shoulders as we rock and my legs gets full body hugs throughout the day. And yes, Drew and I have even gotten to watch a couple of movies late at night (thanks to our $2 dvd find in China- and thanks Connie for the chocolate gift basket- we have enjoyed it!!)
So, even though my laundry is still not caught up nor our suitcases put away, this has been a wonderful week. Our family is at home- all 5 of us. And while I know there will always be hard days, I am enjoying the blue skies instead of waiting for the storms.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME POST!