In less than 48 hours all the cleaning will be completed, the car loaded, the luggage checked and we will be on a plane headed for China (via Atlanta, LA, etc!) A fellow adoptive family who recently returned from China with their precious daughter had the funniest post about a checklist, so this idea is not completely original. However, I am a list-maker- I bet I have made 45 lists just for this trip alone. Little ones. Big ones. And slowly but surely they are getting checked off minute by minute. So, as we are in the final countdown, I thought I would share some of our checklists.
*Suitcases packed....check
*Suitcases re-checked and rechecked again.... check... check
*Drew finished all work for this semester...almost
*Laundry done...CHECK!! (and yes, the chute is empty!)
*All arrangements for our home and pets made..... check
*An 8 year old repeatedly saying- we leave in two more days!!!!.....check
*A two year old constantly saying- i want kate i want kate-tickle kate!....check
*Visas, airline tickets, money....check...check...check
*Last minute meeting with Karla and 75 emails a day... check
*A husband and wife looking at each other with a shocked look saying WE ARE GOING TO CHINA!!???!!!??!?!?!?!?.......CHECK!
*A family thankful to God for His blessings and His miracles....check...check
*A family of 4 excited about becoming a family of 5....CHECK!
Monday, April 10, 2006
2 DAYS and COUNTING!!!
Posted by drew and lori at 8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Lori and Drew:
I cannot believe you are only 2 days away...........this is totally awesome! I will keep your family in my prayers and look forward to that day soon where we will all get together. I am so excited for you all.
Blessings!
Ally Schultz
Dear Lori, Drew, and Girls,
You are in our prayers. I look so forward to seeing your new little girl. I've always heard that the only thing better than 2 little girls is 3 little girls.
God Bless Your Sweet Family.
Lucretia Hinton
What a blessed Easter gift!! Many prayers are heading your way from our family. May God grant you a peaceful meeting with Kate and may she know right away that she is meant to be with your family. Love and hugs from Florence!! Emily Broussard and gang
Post a Comment