CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Our First 24 Hours Home

WOW!! What a day! First of all, let me start with our arrival. We came off the plane to a crowd of friends and family with welcome home signs, flowers and lots of smiles. It was so special. Then, our families went to get a bite to eat and came home. Kate wasn't crazy about the carseat but did well. We came home to newly mopped floors and meals in the freezer! Our front door had a beautiful wreath on it and in Kate's closet were several new clothes- which were much needed due to her size difference! We had a delicious meal last night and food was brought today that will feed us for well over a month- all ready to pop in the oven! and we are even getting the laundry done quicker than I expected- all because of special family and friends and I wish I could put into words what this all means to us. The phone calls just to check how we are doing and the emails are such blessings of encouragement to us. So, thank you! Now for last night and today-Kate slept 12 hours last night! She has not done that since we got her! Karlee fell asleep at 6:30 last night and was up at 3 am, 4 am and then for good at 5:15 am along with her sister Kalie! Drew worked 1/2 day and Kalie went to school for 1/2 the day which of course gave us an excuse to show off Kate to our school friends! Kate did well. We played outside, went for a stroll and just enjoyed watching her learn her home. Tonight, I was holding her and she just puckered her little mouth and gave me a KISS!! I got LOTS!! and of course I cried! Earlier she had "face-planted kissed" us which we all died over but this time it was an actual kiss. Drew got one too!! She has also learned to say "bye bye" and waves! We are just amazed at what she is beginning to understand.
Although, still jetlagged, we are all doing great!

0 comments: