CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Days in Beijing

We are having difficulty with downloading pictures so I can't post from the day now- hopefully we will be able too, soon. We went to the Chinese Acrobatic Show last night and to call it awesome is an understatement. Today, we went to the Summer Palace, the Great Wall and the Jade Factory. The Summer Palace is beautiful- we got to ride a boat on this pond. We learned so much history. Then the Great Wall- oh my!!! Words cannot do it justice. I have some great pictures from it! We also saw how jade is carved and polished, etc and ate delicious Chinese food. Our guide was great- its just been a fun day. The girls are doing great. Drew is feeling better and I think it is quickly settling in that we are less than two days away from our Kate. I just cannot believe it!! I have started wondering more and more about what she will look like and how she will respond. I wonder about her personality. So many thoughts have gone through my head today. I will try to share them when I can express it all better.
Oh- to say we were noticed today was an understatement. An American family with two daughters, one with light brown hair and one Asian quickly attracts a crowd. We have been videoed, photographed, patted, kissed and discussed- if only we knew what they were saying. We received thumbs up when they saw Karlee in the stroller. Kalie was grabbed for several photo shots. We got to talk to a little 7 year old girl and last night there were several children who would wave and giggle. All of a sudden this little boy comes right up and just stands besides me and looks at me and grins. I said hi. He said hello and then ran off and giggled some more. The people here have stolen our hearts too. They are so pleasant and kind and interested!
My next post will be from Nanning and hopefully we will have better comptuter set up. I still cannot view my entries so I hope they are turning out okay.
Thank you all for your comments. We are grateful for you love, support and prayers.
KALIE SAYS- hey Eloise, Jacy, Katie and Ruth! We are having fun and I miss you!

Hey Khloe, Emma and Lills- We love you and wish you were here too! We will bring Kate home soon. We will send you pictures of her as soon as we can. I hope you are drawing lots of pictures for me and taking a bunch too! We love you!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Can hardly wait to see the photos. The great road continuesto be built (Ha). Kate's bed is progressing. May the deepth of our love be as wide as our hearts are apart. Be blessed. Love

Anonymous said...

What an exciting and busy day you guys have had! And how wonderful a way to share between cultures warmth and love. I'm glad all of you are well and having such a great time. We do look forward to pictures, but are just grateful to hear some word from you in any way. Be blessed as you rest. YOu are missed, and greatly loved.
Love, Mom/Charlotte/CC/

Anonymous said...

Lori,

You are taking me back!!! The lake was frozen so no boat ride for us! I did see those boats and I can guess that you, Drew, and the girls had a blast! The Great Wall is awesome! Can't wait to see those pics!
I am going crazy here!!! Praying you will GET THE PHOTO LOADING PROBLEM WORKED OUT. We MUST see Kate in you arms!!! ;)

God bless,

Sonya
DH Jeff
DS Drew (11)
DS Ben (8)
Katie Lin (2)
Jiangxi Province
Family Day 2/22/05
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tochinaforkatielin/

Anonymous said...

Drew and Lori, We are so happy for you. We have finally decided on our new journey and using New Hope Adoption Agency. We are praying for your funfilled safe return.

Jill and Robert Brooks
p.s. I gave Debbie Hinton your Blog address and she was so excited.

Anonymous said...

OK GANG. Happy Easter. How was the sunrise service? I pray each of you had a good nights sleep. Am getting excited, but not as excited as you. Love and miss you. See you soon. Big peek-a-boo with Karlee and hugs to Kalie.

Anonymous said...

Hello to all, I guess you are up on Sunday morning! I miss you all so much and can't wait to see, hug, hold, etc.etc. I think you leave for Nanning tonight/ today. Prayers continue, love transcends distance and time zones. Whoa, I'm starting to sound tooooo much like Dad !!!!! Love to all of the Jam Fam. Your furry babies are doing fine. Amanda is a good surrogate "Mom" Love you , Mom/Mimi

Anonymous said...

Well, it is Easter Sunday morning for us, and you guys have already celebrated and traveled to Nanning! We pray you have had a wonderful day, and a good trip. And, now, are getting settled in your hotel. We look forward to hearing more from you, and will be praying all the more as you prepare to meet Kate tomorrow!!!We missed hunting eggs with you yesterday afternoon, but look forward to doing so with all three girls next year. We love and miss you all!
Love, Mom/CC

Anonymous said...

Hello to all! So very thankful for your blog and e-mail that you had arrived safely. Today I send you words of the heart and Lori, I know you can read each one of them. We know your hearts are feeling so many different emotions right now. Give the girls an extra big hug for Mimi. Praying that Kate will feel a part of her forever family right away. What name is she accustomed to being called? Love you toooooooo much Mom/Mimi