



"Deep Thoughts, with Drew"
As I reflect on just the last week of my family's life, wow, how can it hardly be expressed in words. The English language (or even Chinese for that matter) is not capable of capturing the picture of all that has run through this brain of mine. In fact, I'm not even sure it will totally settle and become clear to me for quite some time. But, here goes some wonders that are clear:
- I wonder if I will return to the States with any unstained undergarments after riding in the traffic here. (Makes Atlanta look like riding in the country.)
- I wonder what that stingray that was swimming right in front of me as I ordered lunch yesterday would actually taste like.
- I wonder what kind of pizza I just ordered and what it will have on it (Pizza Hut right here in Nanning!)
- I wonder why a ladybug is really a boy.
- I wonder as I watch Kalie with Karlee and her newest little sister, Kate, how a sweet little eight year old from Alabama could be given such an unconditional love for little Asian girls, just wanting a whole houseful of little sisters. (Yes, we are stopping here. Kalie's next trip is for my grandchild.) She truly is amazing.
- I wonder as I watch Karlee laughing with Kate and playing little games with her what her little mind is actually taking in and how all of this seems to her. She looks so big next to Kate and seems like a "big sister," when in fact she is still so little.
- I wonder as I get lost in amazement, observing my wonderful lifemate, Lori, immediately take another in as her own, offering her all as a mother and doing it with the perfection for which she is so well known. Her love, care, nuturing, and place of refuge are already being soaked up by our newest little one and it simply leaves me speechless. All the while, she still offers to meet the needs of our veteran children.
- I wonder as I hear the hearty giggles, see the ear to ear smiles, sense the overwhelming contentment all exuding from this 20 lb. Chinese girl who has been welcomed into our family. I look forward to the laughs, joys, excitement, and mystery that this little one is sure to bring. I'm amazed at the instant love bursting forth from within my own heart, not replacing the love for my other girls, but more room being created in an instant.
- I wonder at the awesome, indescribable greatness of my Creator and Friend, who is the giver of all of life's miracles, including the ones journaled in this record. Praise to Him and thanks with all that words can describe!
11 comments:
I've been waitin for that Drew. Wonderful. Anxious to just sit by the trees and listen to the stories. (Almost said fireplace). Just give everyone jugs from us and smoother each other with kisses. Be blessed.
It truly is amazing how that love for another child imediately is there. You wonder how you could love another as you do the first two, and then you see them and it is instantaneous. God is so good. Hugs and kisses to all!
Wow....Drew you just brought tears to my eyes! What an awesome testimony. Your family has been blessed with such wonderful and loving children. Im Praise God each day for you and your family. Im counting the days until I get to see you (remember I will be the one at the airport that is the loudest).
Love to you all!
Connie, Jerry, Austin and Lily Grace
Drew, Thanks for the update. It was good to hear from you. What precious Daddy/daughter pictures. Your girls won't have any problem understanding the love of a heavenly Father because of the unconditional love their Daddy gives them. We are so thankful for the way you love our 4 girls. Can't wait to see you all. Love, Mom D./Mimi
Your girls are beautiful. Continue to enjoy the remainder of your trip... it is the trip of a lifetime! Guangzhou is a wonderful, beautiful place! Tell Kaley that there are always couples ballroom dancing in the Park next to the White Swan. I really enjoyed watching them... You guys are still in my prayers!
Vicki
Okay Drew! Now that you have ALL my tears just let me pause to tell you all that you are so loved and so surrounded by prayers. Our God is Awesome. I am thankful that you are willing to share your journey with us. I can't wait for our girls to play. Back home we continue to be amazed at How Big Our God Is! Isn't He Good All the Time.
Your girls are gorgeous little blessings! Drew, you will always be surrounded by beauty! Thank you so much for sharing this sweet journey. I can't wait to see all of you!
Love,tonya
That's my boy! How beautifully you put into words some of the thoughts and feelings you've had this past week. Wow! You had me laughing and tearing up at the same time. Lori, words can't express how moved I've been by what you have been sharing with us. It's been a rather emotional last four days as we've 'watched' the transformation of your family from a precious one of 4 to a beautifully precious one of 5. Can't wait to have you all HOME! Only 5 1/2 more days.!
Love you all.
Maw/CC
ok, our phone line has been down today and i couldn't stand not knowing if you had posted something new 8-) and then WOW what a post! drew and lori, you both have a great way with words. thanks for sharing-i was laughing out loud then weeping. you all are beautiful! continue to have fun with your sweet family. we miss you!
GREAT PICS AND WONDERFUL WORDS!!!
Praying!!!
Sonya
hey guys...she is just beautiful!!! can't wait to meet her in person. maggie says to tell kalie hello, she misses her and give her a hug. be safe and enjoy every moment...much love...emily
Post a Comment